Wednesday, August 31, 2011

HERE!

Well I'm here so I guess I can't put off writing in this any longer.   I arrived around 9:00 am my time (3:00 am for you).  I got here and this is really nice.  I've never been in a hostel before.  There are 8 beds in my room, but only 7 are filled.  There are only 14 people on this trip....  


So anyway, you are probably wondering why I named my blog Journey to Bloom.  I was thinking about having it be something to do with travel, but that is overused so I came up with Journey.  Then I was thinking "Well, what am I going to do over there?"  Answer: grow musically, spiritually, culturally, and have a blast (hopefully).  


At the Aldersgate Renewal Ministries Conference this year, I attended a workshop called "Bloom where you are planted."  This seemed like a good plan because I knew I was leaving and would have to create a completely new life over here. Luckily, I still have my most important roots, but many where taken away.  In the workshop, they used gardening to tell you how to analyze your situation and what to do about it.  They were things like being completely uprooted, being uprooted mostly (leaving a few roots), being transplanted, and I don't remember the other ones.  


On a side note: Everyone here either has a mac or a very small PC.  I was just noticing that as I looked around.


Back to Blooming... I figured out that I was being uprooted for a short time with only a few roots remaining.  Although it is really hard to bloom with only a few roots, I learned that I need to bloom anyway.  The only way to do this is to put myself completely out there.  I'm finding this extra hard at the moment because I am waiting for the rest of the group to get here so I can meet them for the first time.  They all know each other already and if I don't watch it, it has the potential to be very awkward.  
Well, I don't know what else to say about it so... 


Gruss Gott!
Leanna

No comments:

Post a Comment